Saturday, January 30, 2016

Art Test Work

Yes, yes, yes, I know it has been quite a long time since my last blog update.
For the past year I have been working on a freelance animation job that I will probably make a post about in the near future, but right now I'd like to update my blog with some new artwork!!!!

Recently I applied for a job at a mobile game studio and had to take an art test.
The art test consisted of creating game-ready assets in Adobe Illustrator from concept art given to me, create 6 cubes in Illustrator and design them to give off the effect of a certain texture (water, chrome, crystal, fire, fur, and wood), and the last one was to design a concept of a character myself in Photoshop.

Sadly, I did not make the cut for the job, but I am still very proud of the work I completed given the short amount of time I had to make them. I had 3 days to make them, but it was more like 2 1/4 because I had no internet the first day to look up reference and tutorials to help brush up my Illustrator skills (it had been about 2 years since I last worked with Illustrator when I interned at Neo-Pangea, so my memory of the program was a bit rusty)

I will be placing these pieces in the Gallery section as well.

The original monster concept


My Illustrator vector creation based on the concept

My textured cubes

My monster concept 

No comments:

Post a Comment